Monday 28 March 2016

Elk, Down by the River


    Last Thursday Joan and I were driving back from McBride, and as we were crossing the Fraser River bridge Joan said, “There’s a big herd of elk by the river.”   As soon as we had gotten off of the bridge I pulled over, then walked back to the bridge with my camera and took this photo.  I had never seen any elk (wapiti) down on the sand flats and here was a whole herd of them.  I don’t know if they had swum across the river or not, but they were all lined up like they might have.
    Later in the afternoon, I had to drive back to town and I noticed that they were all still there, although all lined up along the river bank, eating vegetation.  Seeing wildlife is alway a treat.

You can see my photo-realistic paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment