Sunday 11 October 2015

The Big Potato Dig


    Yesterday I joined in with about 30 other people who volunteered to dig potatoes at McBride’s Open Gate Community Garden.  The potatoes we dug then went on sale in the afternoon to raise money for the community garden.  Community work projects are always fun and working together we unearthed hundreds of pounds of nice-sized potatoes during the morning dig.
    Earlier in the week I had dug out the potatoes in my garden.  I ended up with a big wheelbarrow overflowing, but I couldn’t help but buy some more spuds from the community garden sale, because they looked so good and were of different varieties than what I grew.
    Having a lot of potatoes stored for the winter always makes me feel secure.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment