Friday 20 March 2015

Burning


    Here is something I haven’t done in decades--burning a pile of debris.  It is not that we don’t have a lot of yard debris around, because we do, a huge amount.  We have lots of trees, and bits of them are always falling to the ground, but instead of burning all the sticks and branches, I have been piling them.  I don’t like the idea of putting carbon in the air just to get rid of things, but now those piles have gotten so big I am not sure what to do about them.  
    Last fall when we had the tree trimmers in they topped some trees out by the road, and didn’t have time to chip up the branches.  There were a lot of branches all tangled up on the ground.  Faced with such a big job, I finally gave in and decided to just burn them.  
    I admit burning piles is a pleasant, enjoyable, and satisfying job, but it still bothers me about putting more carbon in the air just to get rid of unwanted sticks and branches.


My paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment