Sunday 18 January 2015

Mountain Light



    I don’t know when I started to pay attention to the millions of variations of light that blanket the landscape, but now it has become a constant habit to seek it out, whenever I go outside.  I am sure that writing this blog and posting a photo everyday, has intensified the pressure to find some interesting light.
    Fortunately, where ever you go, if you pay attention, you can find nice lighting, be it the prairies, the seashore, a desert, or a jungle.  I am happy to find mine here in the mountains, and enjoy both the subtle and blatant displays put on by the sun as it travels across the slopes.
     Of course, not every day will give me spectacular light and often I have to be satisfied with lighting that is just nice.  I can only go with what I find.  Here are a couple of shots I took the other day around 2:30 in the afternoon as we walked down Eddy Road.


You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment