Monday 24 November 2014

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...Winter


    Yesterday, I spoke with my mother and sister who live down in southern Indiana.  As I looked out over the brown grass in our yard, I felt embarrassment when they told me that they had a big snowfall, deep enough to close the schools, while here we sit up in the interior of BC without any snow on the ground.  Well, a minor overnight snowfall, changed that, and we can now hold our heads a bit higher.  At least now when we look outside, things are white.  The weather forecast for McBride is for snow or flurries every day this week, so after a slow start, the winter snows might actually be here.
    On our walk this morning I noticed the “scary woodpile” that I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.  It consisted of alder wood that I cut.  Usually when you cut alder, the wood turns orangish, and I was surprised at the time, that it didn’t.  I assume that it was the cold temperatures that prevented the wood from oxidizing.  After a few days of above freezing temperatures, the ends of the wood has finally taken on it’s bright orange hue.  Below is a photo.


You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment