Wednesday 24 September 2014

Cold Swim


    Yesterday afternoon, Joan and I were driving along the Fraser River on our way home from town, when I spotted a mother moose and her child swimming across the river.  They were getting close to our side of the bank.  I slowed the car, pulling over to the side as Joan warned me, “Don’t drive us in the ditch.”  Once parked, I got out, camera in hand, and rushed over to the river bank to get a photo.
    I instantly felt bad, because when the mother moose saw me, she turned and started swimming in the opposite direction toward the far shore from whence they had come.  I quickly took this photo and returned to the car and drove away.  I didn’t want to make the pair swim all the way back across the river, just because I was standing there.

My photo-realistic paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment