Thursday 3 October 2013

Zucchini--They Keep On Giving


    Two months ago, I showed a photo of me holding a giant zucchini that we harvested from out garden  (http://www.davidmarchant.ca/Color_%26_Light/Blog/Entries/2013/8/4_Be_Wary_of_Zucchini.html).
I really expected that chapter of our lives was over for the year, but yesterday I was out in the garden digging potatoes and pulling up corn plants and ended up over by our two zucchini plants.
    They had been killed by a frost during the two weeks I was in Indiana, but they had one last gift to give before their demise.  Just look at those suckers.  The one on the left weighed in at 13.4 lbs. (6 kg) and the one on the right is 16.2 lbs (7.3 kg).  They are by far the biggest ones I have ever seen.

Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.cawww.davidmarchant.ca




No comments:

Post a Comment