Sunday 6 October 2013

Autumn Leaves


     A few weeks ago when we left the Robson Valley for our trip to Indiana, I was afraid that I was going to miss the colors of autumn that I enjoy so much.  On our return to the central interior of BC, looking down from the plane window as we circled for a landing in Prince George it was gratifying to see that the aspen and birch leaves were still colored, in fact they had not yet reached their prime.
    Unlike the midwestern US with its orange and red maples, up here with our aspen, birch, and cottonwood we are pretty much restricted to seeing yellows, but that can be quite striking against the blues of the lakes, mountains, and sky.  Today is wet, grey, and gloomy, so I am featuring some photos I took a couple of days ago.

See my paintings at:   www.davidmarchant.ca 



No comments:

Post a Comment