Monday 11 February 2013

Spring Chickens?


    Yesterday, the sun was shining and the temperatures were a mild +6C (43F).  In the early afternoon when I was outside, I heard the clucking of chickens, and was pleasantly surprised to see that our three chickens, had thrown caution to the wind, and ventured outside.  
    For months now, they have been huddling in their dark chicken house.  They could have easily stepped outside, but they chose not to.  Seeing them, I found myself hopefully speculating, that some innate inner sense, directly connected to nature, had told them that spring is arriving.  
    All of this sadly demonstrates how desperate I am for spring.  Here I am, putting more faith in the knowledge of chicken, than the reality of the calendar.

To read my older blogs or to view my paintings, go to:   www.davidmarchant.ca


No comments:

Post a Comment