Wednesday 13 February 2013

Morning Walk



    The sun was just over the horizon and breaking through the clouds this morning when we started out on our morning walk.  Our trail, is now hard packed snow, pounded down by our footprints and those of the deer, so the walking is a lot easier now than it is after a fresh snowfall.  
   I could see through the naked trees, that there might be a photo op once we got down to the field, because the sun was hitting the mountains sideways.  When we got to the field, I stopped and reached for the camera to take the shot you can see.  Just as my hand touched the camera, I saw movement out of the corner of my eye, I turned to see a mother moose and calf scampering into the bush.  They escaped my camera, but fortunately, the sun on the mountain did not.

To read last year's blogs or to view my paintings go to:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment