Saturday 16 September 2023

Tired, Weepy, Eyes



    Yes, for the umptieth time this year, the mountains have disappeared behind a blanket of thick smoke, and everything else is in a haze.  There are still more than 400 active forest fires burning away in British Columbia.  

    Yesterday was very clear and windy, and I should have suspected smoke was coming when I noticed the gray-orange clouds as the sun set behind the mountains last night.  Around 1:30 when I woke up for my trip the bathroom, I did smell the smoke in the house, so I closed all of the windows that were open.  Then this morning, here we go again, my eyes very tired and weepy, a periodic cough, and the feeling that another, otherwise beautiful day will go to waste as I spend most of it inside.

    It did feel a bit strange with morning when I first walked outside.  There was a bit of cold bite to the air.  The temperature was 4°C (39°F) and normally when we have been getting smoke it has been with accompanying warm temperatures.  We still have a couple of months before the snow will hopefully start dampening down the forest fires, and all of this smoke will cease to plague us.

 


See my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment