Thursday 4 June 2020

More Pond Walk Photos



    Here are two more photo that I took the other day when I walked around the pond.  Above you see a Lupine bloom before it begins to really color or stretch out.  It is about 5 inches (12cm) long in the photo, but as it matures it will stretch out to about 12 inches (30cm).  Lupines are one of my favorite flowers.  They have spread in abundance around my pond.
    Below is another photo of Ladyslippers.  At this point the “slipper” part of the bloom is still rather small and hidden so most of what you notice are the sinister-looking and purplish sepals of the flower.  The Mountain Ladyslipper can often be seen growing in the moist roadside ditches of the Robson Valley.


Take a look at my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment