Friday 27 September 2019

Climate Action Strike


    Although I am a very politically oriented person, I try my best to stay away from politics on this blog, however I have lived without hope for so long, that when I see how the young are putting themselves out there to try to save the Earth and their future, I am so greatly appreciative.  The Earth is going down, and despite all of the “green” talk, very little is really being done to solve the problem.  It gives me hope seeing that the younger generation realizes the reality of the situation and is making a stand to push for real action.
    Since 16 year old Greta Thunberg started her solitary climate strikes every Friday a year ago, her idea has blossomed and has created a world wide movement.  I can only hope that it will continue, and everyone on this planet will begin to do what they can to save it.  Like some of their protest signs say, “There is no Planet B”.

You can view my paintings:  davidmarchant2.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment