Thursday 8 March 2018

Spring is in the Air


    You might not think it from looking at the photo, but here in the Robson Valley, it is starting to feel like Spring.  Snow still deeply covers the ground (30 inches, 76cm) and the daytime temperatures are still hovering around the freezing point, but something feels like Spring.
    Maybe it is the light, I don’t know, but whatever it is, I’ll take it.  Later this week our temperatures are supposed to climb into the double digits (around 12 C, 54F) and then all the snow that is sitting on the ground will begin to feel the pressure to disappear.  Then. I guess, I can worry that it doesn’t happen too quickly, which could cause problems like pooling or flooding.  
    Of course once the snow is gone, I am full of energy to do things outside, we will be able to walk around in the yard and bush, but we will have to go through a frustrating time because the ground will be frozen, which will limit many of the things I want to do.  
    Oh well, at least it feels like we are on our way.

You can view my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment