Sunday 5 November 2017

Valemount Christmas Fair, 2017


    The Christmas Fair season has begun.  Yesterday I made the hour-long drive to Valemount, to sell my calendars, art cards, and prints at the event.  I have been selling at the fair for decades, and I always enjoy re-connecting to the Valemount crowd that I see there every year.  This year my table was located between people from McBride and Dome Creek that I didn’t know so I was able to also meet them.
    I did about the same amount of business that I normally do with my calendars.  Again I sold enough of them to pay for the printing, so the ones I sell at the McBride Fair and the Whistlestop Gallery will all be profit.  New this year were my cards and prints of paintings and I sold a handful of cards and one of the prints, so I am slowly recouping my expenses for them.  
    It will be couple of weeks now before the McBride Christmas Fair, which gives me some time to bind the rest of my calendars.  That fair will be on Nov. 18th, this year at the Community Hall instead of the high school.

You can see my paintings at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment