Wednesday 4 October 2017

Kinney Lake


    On Monday I told you about hiking up the Kinney Lake trail.  When I arrived at Kinney Lake, I was not disappointed.  I have been there many times before, but for some reason each time I go I am again blown away by its beauty, I never get used to it.  It is indeed a jewel.
    Not only is it’s mountain setting dramatic, but the turquoise color of its water seems so unreal.  The color comes from “glacial flour” (all the tiny ground up rock and mineral particles) that are suspended in the water.  The color often reminds me of the color you might see in tropical lagoon--a beautiful blue.  I had never been up there in the autumn before, and the yellow aspen added a nice accent to the scene.


My paintings can be seen at:  davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment