Wednesday 21 June 2017

"Damn Deer"--My Latest Painting


    Here is the painting I have been working on since the middle of December.  After 118 hours I have finished it.  It shows what was left of one of my red cabbages after a deer got into the garden and decided to help himself.  I have always loved the folds and curls of a cabbage when you cut into it.  Natasha Boyd, an older local artist now deceased did a painting of the interior of a red cabbage that I always like, and finding this one in the garden, complete with raindrops on the leaves gave me an excuse to do my own painting.
    It was done with acrylics on a 20” x 30” canvas.  

You can see all of my paintings at:   www.davidmarchant.ca

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations ! So realistic.
    Do you celebrate when you finish a painting?

    ReplyDelete