Tuesday 20 September 2016

Bear Feeder Down


    Recently my bird feeder has been working nights providing the neighborhood bear with sunflower seeds.  In the morning when I go out to fill it, I have been finding it beat up, bent, and hanging at odd angles.  Several times I had to bend it back into shape before I filled it.  It is on a pulley and in frustration of the nightly damage, yesterday I pulled it up as high as could hoping to prevent the bear from getting at it.  It didn’t work.
    This morning I found the bird feeder in pieces, two-thirds of it on the ground and the top still dangling from the wire.
    I guess the bear didn’t much like how I had raised it higher.  My next course of action is to just leave it down until the bear goes off to hibernate.

You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment