Sunday 14 February 2016

What Kind of Dog


    I found an entertaining time waster last night.  It is a site that allows you to upload a photo of your dog and it tries to tell you what kind of dog it is.  Our dog Skye is a rescue dog and so we have no idea of her breed.  At the animal control center where we got her, they thought she was a Bearded Collie or “Beardie” (Don’t let the “Collie” part of the name fool you, Beardies look like Sheepdogs.)
    Anyway when I discovered the “What-Dog.net” I right away started sending in photos of Skye.    The result comes back showing your dog in a big photo with information about their guess as to the breed.  The small stamp-like photo gives you an image of the breed they are guessing.  Each photo I sent generated a different answer.  I was surprised when the first one came back “Skye Terrier” since the name of the breed was the same as our dog’s name.
    We have often thought our dog was a Bearded Collie, or Dandie Dinmont Terrier (because of the eyes), but even though this site often seemed pretty far-fetched in its results, it was a lot of fun to see what it would come back with.  Below are all the results I got for Skye.





Take a look at my paintings:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment