Monday 21 December 2015

Down by the Riverside


    Wow, we made it!  Here we are at the Winter Solstice which always makes me happy because the days will begin to get longer.  (I ignore the fact that it is actually marks the beginning of winter.)
    My blogs probably should be named “Where I Walk the Dog,” since most of the photos that I post were taken on our daily dog walks.  Yesterday as I drove Skye over the Fraser River Bridge, I glanced down at the river and noticed that the sandbank was relatively snow free, so I decided that we should do our walk down there.
    Skye is always more patient when Joan is along on the walk.  When it is just Skye and me, all she seems to think of is getting back home where her bowl of food will be waiting.  I threw the ball across the sand for her to chase, she darted out to get it, picked it up, then carried it back towards me, but just kept on going past me, heading for the truck, so I knew she just wanted to get home so she could eat.
    All of the lakes around here are now covered with ice, so it was nice to see a bit of open water on the Fraser.  Looking across the river I could see the old Koeneman cabin with McBride Peak beyond.


You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment