Sunday 22 November 2015

Christmas Fair Season Ends


    As I mentioned in an earlier blog, every year at this time I produce a calendar which I sell at the Christmas Fairs in Valemount and McBride.  Last week at Valemount I sold 63 calendars (enough to pay for the printing) and yesterday in McBride I sold 74.  By the time McBride’s fair ended I only had 4 calendars left, so it was a good day.  
    In our small villages, the Christmas Fairs not only give shoppers a opportunity to shop, but also sellers a chance to sell.   Another of their important functions is to provide a gathering for the community  to socialize as they stroll through the aisles full of homemade crafts and food.  I always enjoy visiting with people I sometimes only see once a year.
    It is nice however to have the fairs behind me and have that pressure off.  I am not done with the calendars though, I still have about 20 of my “Family Edition” calendars to bind and send off before  Christmas.


Visit www.davidmarchant.ca to view my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment