Saturday 12 September 2015

Renshaw Snowmobile Cabin




    During our hike to the Renshaw, the seven of us seemed to spread out and head in different directions in the huge alpine.  We planned to all meet up at the snowmobile cabin for our trip down to the the truck.  As I mentioned in a previous blog the Renshaw in a very popular snowmobiling area and the cabin was built to provide shelter and warming.  It is a good place to gather and its red roof adds a nice color accent to photos.
    Our hike to the Renshaw alpine meant a lot of walking (17 km or 11 miles) for my old legs .   There were certainly occasions during the steep climbs, and the hour long walk back to the truck once we were off the slope, when I asked myself, “Why am I doing this?”, but now that the pain is over, I am so glad I got to experience the golden alpine areas surrounded by the snow covered peaks.
    Can you spot the cabin in the photos below?



You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment