Tuesday 28 April 2015

A Time to Plant


    The rhythm of the seasons continues.  Yesterday I finally put my young tomato plants into the ground in the greenhouse.  Because of the extreme temperature differences (below freezing at night and very warm during the day), I have been carrying flats of tomato plants from the house to the greenhouse during the day and back into the house during the night.
    I have no extra heat in my greenhouse.  When built it I made sure I had a lot of cement in the construction so that it would hold the heat during the night.  Even so my tomato plants are so valuable to me, I didn’t want to take any chances with them.  I figure now that they should be safe in the greenhouse.
    I planted 54 tomato plants.  They represent seven different varieties.

My painting can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment