Tuesday 11 March 2014

Decaying House


     I'm not sure what the attraction is, but I have always drawn to old abandoned houses that are slowly deteriorating.  The one in the photo lies down a lane and belongs to my uncle.  In my childhood, I remember an older kid, whose name was George lived there, and while I always liked to eat popcorn, George was the first person to show me how to make it, and I remember being quite amazed to find out that a non-adult could do such a thing.
     The house hasn't been lived in for a few decades.  Just getting close to it was a struggle with all of the honeysuckle and blackberry bushes creating a near impenetrable obstacle.  I found the concrete block basement wall buckling and the east wall of the living room completely gone.  I took some photos of the lonely empty interior walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment