Thursday 29 August 2013

The Bear is Back


    Yesterday, while I was waiting for my blog to upload, I decided to go out and check on our new chickens.  While I was out there I hear the crack of branches, then noticed the foliage at the edge of our barnyard, along the road, shaking and swaying.  When I went to get a closer look, I saw that our local bear had returned, and was stuffing himself with the berries growing there.  I recognized it from the bib of white fur on his chest.
    Despite the damage that it sometimes does, it is a good bear.  It is very wary of people.  Once, the day after returning from a vacation, I was outside and this bear, used to our absence, came strolling nonchalantly down our driveway toward me.  He hadn’t noticed me at all, so I yelled and waved my arms, and he looked up surprised, and turned and hightailed it away.
     Yesterday, I just quietly took the photos, and left him undisturbed to bulk up for winter.  One of the things I really like about living in the Robson Valley is seeing all the wildlife.

You can see my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca



No comments:

Post a Comment