Wednesday 19 August 2015

The Farm Store Cat



    I go into The Farm Store about once a month, usually to buy a bag of sunflower seeds for the birds.  As you might expect they sell farm supplies (animal feed, garden seeds, bedding plants, etc) but they also have western and country oriented decorative items and antiques.  I really like the fact that every time I go in there I see the friendly store cat wandering across the counter checking on things.
    Yesterday when I went in, the cat was curled up in a display case.  It seemed pretty content laying there under the heat of the lamp.
    I have always liked the building that the Farm Store occupies.  McBride, BC is a western town and many of its older buildings look western with their false fronts.  Below is a photo of the Farm Store building.


My paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment