Thursday 27 August 2015

For Three Days Now


    On Monday as we were driving into McBride, I saw this tripod with it’s bowl like instrument sitting on the pull out along Hwy. 16 between the Fraser River Bridge and McBride.  “Oh,” I told myself, “they must be doing some surveying,” since I assumed it was some sort of fancy GPS receiver.  As we drove past it, I looked around for some surveyors, but there was none to be found.
    On Tuesday morning when we again drove to town, the tripod was still sitting lonely beside the highway.  I was a bit surprised that it was just sitting there alone without anyone around.  Tuesday evening as I drove to our jam session, it was still there.
    Wednesday, it was the same story.  I don’t know what is going on, but it sure seems strange to me that something that I assume is fairly expensive instrument is just sitting there alone and unsecured beside the highway.  We haven’t been to town yet today so I don’t know if it is still at its post.

Visit www.davidmarchant.ca to see my paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment