Friday 5 June 2015

Green Wall


    When I built my lanai/carport, there were a few trees and saplings immediately adjacent to the edge of the structure.  Normally, builders clear those kind of things away from the building site, but I didn’t want the trees gone, and figured I could leave them even though they are right up against the roof of the lanai.  
    I am still glad that I made that choice because they make a beautiful wall of vegetation that is cooling and relaxing that I appreciate all summer long when we sit on the lanai.  The trees have bent up some of the edges of the tin roof, but being able to watch the birds and squirrels flitter and leap across the end of the lanai is a fair trade-off for the bent tin.

You can view my paintings at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment