Saturday 16 May 2015

Preventing Waste


    As I mentioned in yesterday’s blog, Joan has scampered off to Europe, and when she departed she left many unused items in the refrigerator.  One of those items was a carton of buttermilk which she had bought for one of her cooking creations.
    I hate to see things going to waste, and since buttermilk pie is one of my favorite desserts, I decided to utilize the buttermilk and make myself a pie.  In Joan’s absence, I thought I would cut back on my caloric intake, and exist on a more spartan diet, but I couldn’t just let that buttermilk spoil, so I made the the pie.  Now, having made it, I don’t want it to go to waste, so I guess I will be forced to eat the whole thing myself. 
    Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet (or in this case, pie) and soldier on.

I don't only eat pie, I also paint:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment