Saturday 30 May 2015

Lupine Path


    Years ago I planted a few Lupine at one end of my pond.  They must have liked the area because their population has since exploded to the point where it is difficult to see the path that runs around the pond.  I really appreciate the fact that I don’t have to do anything to keep them growing, they are happy  do it all themselves.
    Lupines are a glorious plant because it not only has beautiful flowers but interesting starburst shaped leaves.  As a bonus they put nitrogen in the soil.  I was once told by a forester from New Zealand that they planted Lupine in logged out areas so they would provide nutrients in the soil for future trees.
    At present my Lupine are at their prime.


My paintings can be seen at:  www.davidmarchant.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment